I was looking for a tool to take and organise automatically screenshots. Among the multitude of existing programs, I didn't find the one I wanted, tiny and powerful. Finally, I did it myself. I make it available free of charge to interested users.
The program stays in the systray, waiting for activation by the "Pause" key or "Alt + Pause" keys. Although it offers a lot of options, this program does not need to be installed.
is very easy to use and offers many options allowing you to make the adjustments according to your needs. This is a neat tool totake screenshot easily, while surfing on the Internet, for example, or when you want to grab image quickly while you manage your bank accounts, for example. All you have to do is to press the PAUSE key (the PRINTSCREEN key remain available if you need it).
Here are the descriptions of the options : Part A
- Language : You can choose US or FRENCH.
- Number of then screen to capture: You can choose "All" if you want to capture all the screens, as seen in the next image.
- The little blue screen icon allows to identifiy the number of each screen.
- Hide this form during the screenshot : you can choose to include or exclude the view of the program in your screenshots.
- Send screenshot to clipboard : copy the screenshoot to the clipboard if you want to paste in another program, for example.
- Send screenshot to printer : to print directly the screenshoot
- Save screenshot to file : to store the screen in a file
- Launch at system startup : start the software with the Windows system
- Play sound on the screenshot : The sofware generate sound immediatly after taken the screenshot (different sounds to detect if a problem occurs).
- Monochrome monitoring view : The image in the monitoring view is grayed, for personnal convenience if needed.
- Colors : You can select the color level of the screenshot (1, 4, 8, 16, 24, 32 bits or Auto)
- You can choose the type of the file if you wish to save the screenshot, and also the compression ration if the output is JPG.
- With the icon on the left, can can choose the destination directly. The icon on the right allows you to acces directly to this directory, if you want to edit the files, for example.
- Incremental naming : You input a name and the software add the number of the screenshot.
- Automatic time stamping : The system names the files from the date/time of the screenshot.
- Continuous repetition (BURST mode) : The "Burst" mode allows to take screenshot automatically.
- This function can be usefull to take screenshots of videos. We have used it to capture images, automatically, from internet TV during the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The image bellow shows the number of a screen...
... and this image shows the number of each screen (screenshot of all the screens) :
Here is the icon located in the systray. The color is green when the software is ready to work. It is red during the capture process to see when the software is busy.
In the systray menu, you can access directly to the main functions (right click).
Here are examples about the "Hide this form during the screenshot" option:
This is a screenshot taken with the option "Hide this form during the screenshot" unchecked
This is a screenshot taken with the option "Hide this form during the screenshot" checked
is a tiny freeware to take screenshots and organise them automatically, with efficiency and speed.
This tool consists of a single file, so small that it can fit on any USB stick. It has been designed to meet my needs and I hope it will also answer yours.
It's freeware. And when it's free, it's even better... Isn't it ?
As usually, feel free to post comments, suggestions or report any bugs. There is probably none because the software has been extensively tested ... but who knows :-)